Please make sure you have thoroughly read and understand our health guarantee/contract BEFORE placing a deposit.
This contract is between:
Seller: Ohio Valley Labradoodles
5552 N. Bollinger Rd.
Conover, OH 45317
Buyer Name ___________________________
Purchase Agreement and Health Warranty
“Seller” herein shall be defined as: OhioValley Labradoodles
“Buyer” herein shall be defined as_______________________
“Puppy” herein shall be defined as_______________________
1. Payment Terms
- Buyer agrees to pay seller the sum of $________ Payment is to be made in full before puppy leaves Seller. Buyer understands that the sale of this puppy is companion pet only, not a breeding prospect. Puppy will be spayed/neutered before transfer of possession.
- Buyer agrees to pay seller a deposit in the amount of $500. Deposit will be applied to the total price of the puppy. Buyer is not secured a spot on the reserve list until the deposit has been made.
- The remaining balance after the deposit is made is due once puppy reaches the age of 6 weeks. If the remaining balance is not received by the due date, the buyer then forfeits the puppy and the puppy will then be placed with the next family on the waiting list.
2. Puppies Health Warranty
- This health warranty applies to the original purchaser of the puppy only. Transfer of ownership will void all provisions of this agreement.
- At the time of delivery to buyer, seller guarantees that puppy is in good health, to the best of Seller’s knowledge. Puppy has received appropriate medical inoculations, worming, and care, and has been spayed/neutered. Seller is not responsible for injury of puppy during transport to buyer.
- Seller guarantees puppy is free of life threatening diseases or disabilities, at the time of sale. At the buyer’s expense, a licensed veterinarian must examine the puppy within three business days of the buyer’s receipt to validate this health warranty. Should life threatening diseases or disabilities be discovered by the buyer’s veterinarian within 72 hours after receipt of puppy, the buyer shall contact the seller within 24 hours with a written diagnosis from the veterinarian. Shipping fees for returning a dog are the Buyer’s responsibility. The breeder reserves the right for a second veterinary opinion. Once puppy has been returned, we will replace with a full refund or a similar puppy of equal or greater value if one is available.
- This contract does not warrant an exchange of a new puppy for minor non-life threatening ailments including: fleas, worms, skin irritations, kennel cough, coccidia, giardia, ear mites, stress induced diarrhea resulting from change in diet or environment, infections, improper bites, bite issues, overbites, underbites, any expenses related to malocclusions, or base narrow canines, and are the buyer’s responsibility to treat at the their expense.
- Once the puppy has been examined within 72 hours, the seller is no longer responsible for the puppy unless it is found to have a life threatening genetic disease.
3. Genetic Health Warranty:
- This genetic health warranty applies to the original purchaser of the puppy only. Transfer of ownership will void all provisions of this agreement.
- The breeder guarantees that to the best of their knowledge, the dog is in good genetic health. If the dog develops a life-altering, genetic disease within the first two years of the Dog’s life, seller will replace the dog with a replacement puppy when there is one available. Shipping charges associated with transport of the replacement puppy will be at the buyer’s expense. OR if buyer chooses to keep the dog, seller will refund up to 1/2 the total purchase price for treatment of that condition. Seller is only held responsible for the fees directly related to treating the genetic disorder or condition and any, and all additional expenses including testing, veterinarian bills, travel costs, shipping, food, vet supplies are excluded. Official written documentation from Penn-Hip or OFA, is required and we reserve the right to confirm the results before a replacement or refund is made.
- Strenuous exercise, during the rapid growth stage can also cause Hip dysplasia. Seller shall not be held responsible for the development of faults, diseases, or disorders, which are due to buyers negligence and environmental factors.
- This contract does not warrant an exchange of a new puppy for minor non-life threatening ailments including: fleas, worms, skin irritations, kennel cough, coccidia, giardia, ear mites, stress induced diarrhea resulting from change in diet or environment, infections, improper bites, bite issues, overbites, underbites, any expenses related to malocclusions, or Base Narrow Canines, and are the buyer’s responsibility to treat at the their expense. It is hereby agreed by both parties that no other warranties, guarantees, or conditions are expressed or implied.
4. Health Maintenance
- Seller guarantees that puppy will come with current age appropriate vaccinations and worming. It is the buyer’s responsibility to complete all recommended vaccines before taking the puppy in public. Parvo or Distemper Parvo is a highly contagious virus that can be contracted very easily.
- The buyer agrees to maintain the dog in a proper manner. The buyer agrees to ensure the puppy receives routine veterinary care including regular checkups, and continue the scheduled series of vaccinations already started as well as heart worm and flea prevention. It is imperative that these be done on time in order to protect the puppy. The puppy is to receive daily rations of proper quality food in the correct amount and fresh water. Seller shall not keep the dog permanently in a kennel or outdoors. These conditions must be met for warranty to remain, or you will have voided your warranty.
- Seller is not liable for any incidental damages by fault of puppy after leaving premises.
- All veterinary care and associated costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Should it become necessary to find a new home for the dog, seller will assist buyer in locating a home for the puppy OR buyer shall return puppy to seller so that we can make arrangements to find him/her a suitable home.
- No refunds will be given if buyer chooses to relinquish puppy to seller.
- Buyer understands seller cannot guarantee that the Dog will or will not possess a particular behavior quality or trait.
- Buyer agrees to provide appropriate obedience training, and proper socialization of Dog and understands that seller shall not be held responsible for acts of the dog which are due to buyers negligence including lack of proper training.
It is hereby agreed that no warranties, guarantees or conditions are expressed or implied and this writing represents the entire Agreement between both parties. By signing this contract buyer acknowledges that they have carefully read this agreement and fully understand and approve of its contents.
Buyer’s Signature _______________________________________ Date:_____________
Seller’s Signature________________________________________ Date:_____________